It doesn’t take much to maintain the quality and softness of your alpaca items. Follow these simple steps and your alpaca garment will actually get better with age.
- We recommend handwashing your knitwear in cool/lukewarm water using a mild detergent or baby shampoo.
- Rinse by pressing.
- Do not wring the garment.
- Wrap garment in a clean dry towel to help absorb any excess water.
- Re-shape if necessary and then lay flat on a towel to dry naturally.
- Never tumble dry.
- To avoid stretching, do not hang garments to dry.
- Note: Alpaca socks can be washed on a 30-degree cycle, but never tumble dried.
Alpaca Fur Products
- Gently brush the fur using a baby hairbrush or wire brush to restore fluffiness.
- To lift residue or spills, gently rub talcum powder into the fur and shake or brush off.
- Alpaca fur products can also be dry cleaned.
- When not in use, keep your alpaca garments folded or rolled in a sealed, yet breathable bag stored in a cool place.
- To avoid stretching, do not store your knitwear on hangers.